Saturday, July 11, 2009

Welcome

Life is always changing. I am fortunate enough to be currently experiencing one of life's greatest journeys - pregnancy and motherhood.

This blog came to be because a good friend and my dear husband convinced me to start a "mom" blog - one that followed the birth and life of my child, plus the impacts that come with having a little one roaming around. I am lucky to have 14 months off of work - 2 months before birth, and 12 months after birth of maternity/parental leave. I guess this blog will give me something to do those late nights that I don't get much sleep, and will let me have something to think about and write about during my time off. I'll need something to keep my mind active and prevent it from going to more mush than it already is. Baby Brain is the worst!

Anyway on to a bit about baby... I am expecting a son on August 30, 2009. He will be our first child, hopefully the first of several. (Yes, several!) We are anxiously awaiting his arrival. Yes we have a name picked out, NO, I will not share it with you until I am holding him in my arms.

My pregnancy so far has gone smoothly... with the exception of a lot of morning sickness from January to March! Imagine the worst head cold you've had, where you feel dizzy from being sick and having nausea and lightheadedness. ... Now, suffer with that for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 3 months. Yes, this is how I felt. They say the sicker you are in pregnancy, the smarter baby is... well, baby had better be a genius when he comes out!!! At least they were able to give me some pregnancy safe medicine to help me tolerate the sickness. But since then, everything has gone much better. Sometimes certain foods don't agree with me, but for the most part I've been feeling pretty good, just tired at times.

I love feeling him moving around inside of me and feeling his kicks and punches and movements. It is a wonderful feeling, and one that makes me feel incredibly alive.

So heres to the start of a new journey in our lives, and one I can share in part with you through this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited that you've started this blog! It's going to be a VERY long time until I have children (if ever), so I'm happy to experience it vicarously through you. Can't wait to see the new ultrasound images. :)

    ReplyDelete