On Aug 31 2009, Baby Soren was born! He was just shy of 10 lbs! We never expected him to be quite so big, but he is beautiful and perfect the way all babies are. It was a long labour, but well worth it in the end. We were in the hospital for a week due to various complications for me, but I'm doing much better and Soren is in great health!
A close family friend once told me that as soon as you hold your baby in your arms all the pain of childbirth is forgotten. She had 4 kids. I never could imagine how you could forget something like that so easily. Giving birth is pretty painful right?
Now, having "been there, done that" I agree with her 100%. Its incredible how quickly the pain (and in my case all the other complications too, which were plenty in themselves) dull very quickly in your mind, and all you can do is think about this new little life.
Soren is doing great, he sleeps for 4 hours on average before needing another changing/feeding, and hubby and I have a great system worked out right now that lets us both get a half decent sleep. Each day we try to get out with baby and/or have some company. Today grandma is over holding her grandson, which lets me relax a bit and post this!
As to my previous post about frivolous purchases, I get it now. I get why they have the "diaper wipe warmers". Soren SCREAMS when you rub that cold wipe against his warm (albeit dirty) bum. Nothing makes him scream like that wipe. LOL. So even though I have not gotten to the point where I've decided to actually go out and buy one, I totally "get" why they have them and why they can sell them for over $30. That scream of his is heartbreaking at times. So I'm sure I'll see the reasons behind other frivolous items over the next year. Time to start tracking how many I succumb to.
The school year has started, and therefore I have 12 months left. 2 of my 14 months have gone, which makes me realize the next year will fly by too. Time to enjoy every moment I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment